- RT @oSemmmmm: I'm going to Muse. #AmsterdamArena 4 Juni.
- I'm going to Muse. #AmsterdamArena 4 Juni.
- @RedPhil2011 That's a cracker that ! #AmsterdamArenA
- RT @Bagusarmansyah: #ChelseaFc #ChampionsOfEuropa #AmsterdamArena #TorresIvanovic #BlueDay #KTBFFH #2013
- #AmsterdamArena, home of #AjaxFC and site of the Europa League final won by #ChelseaFC two days ago http://t.co/koCFvuBzZc
- Mine and @dannystroud33 's view at the Europa League Final #panoramic #AmsterdamArena #CFC http://t.co/hERDDrRO0L
- Opening ceremony/start of the game #chelseafc #cfc #amsterdamarena #cfcamsterdam http://t.co/Jro7Vpc73k
- Well least I can say I've been to a Europa league final #amsterdamarena #chelseabenfica http://t.co/lF2Oh4WV5F
From 1996 Amsterdam has a multi-functional stadium, the Amsterdam Arena. The Ajax football club plays all it home games in the stadium, the Dutch national team also plays in the Arena on a regular basis. It is also a very suitable location for concerts and major events. An annually recurring event such as Sensation, organised by ID&T. Every year the Toppers also perform in a sold-out stadium for several evenings in a row.
International stars that have performed in the Arena include Tina Turner, Phil Collins, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. Other salient events that have taken place in the Arena are, for example, the Champions League finals in 1998 and multiple competitions during the European Championship in 2000.
The Arena was the first stadium in Europe that had its own sliding roof. This makes the stadium very special. With a capacity of almost 53 thousand visitors, the Arena is also the largest stadium in the Netherlands. Together with the football stadium De Kuip in Rotterdam, the Arena was recorded a 5-star stadium by the UEFA.
Currently there are discussions surrounding the possibilities to expand the stadium. The dikes surrounding the field could possibly be covered and there is even an idea to install a third ring. The stadium is easily accessible from our hotel using public transport. Metro trains stop in front of the stadium on Strandvliet station. The train stations Duivendrecht and Bijlmer Arena are also within walking distance. The parking garage beneath the stadium offers enough room to park your car.