- @SharePTJasper Not quite, I'm sure I'll forget the printed tickets and my phone is always with me... #rijksmuseum #amsterdam
- I'm *watching bottleplant* before going to #rijksmuseum w/italo and nl friend #Pinksteren weekend (actual pic of me;) http://t.co/CmTPNJbTPe
- Wow- painting is from 1670 but I recognized the house on the left as it's a block from my apartment! #Rijksmuseum http://t.co/HEeAW4Wo2Z
- First #Rijksmuseum, now #TreasurePlanet http://t.co/4TY0YIFtHr #IMDb #nowwatching http://t.co/Mkn9miqEkB
- Loving the restored #Rijksmuseum! The Hall of Greats, Rembrandt's "The Night Watch" at the end #Amsterdam http://t.co/XykX9x9BXf
- RT @amsterdamized: I just rode through #Rijksmuseum. They've already taken away the bollards. Less than a week in...I guess somebody owes A…
- I just rode through #Rijksmuseum. They've already taken away the bollards. Less than a week in...I guess somebody owes AMS a huge apology…
- RT @amsterdamized: videos of #Rijksmuseum's bike tunnel, front/back. Saturday 3PM. You be the judge of 'mayhem' http://t.co/23uLHytvYw | ht…
The Rijksmusem is one of the museums situated in the Museumplein in Amsterdam. The famous square even owes its name to the Museum, which opened its doors in 1885.
The Museum, which belongs to the state, provides an overview of Dutch history and art. The collection is distributed over 200 rooms and ads up to more than 1 million items. A large part of the exhibited art originates from the 17th century and was created by Dutch grand masters such as Rembrandt van Rijn, Johannes Vermeer and Jan Steen. Highlights in the large collection, and also of international allure, are The Night Watch by Van Rijn and the Milkmaid by Vermeer.
At the moment the Rijksmusem is busy with major renovations. As a result, the main building will be closed until 2013. During the renovations the highlights of the museum will however be on display to the public in a separate wing opened specifically for this purpose.
Guests in Aalders Hotel often visit the Rijksmusem. Thanks to the Museum location, this is an ideal area to make a day of art and culture sightseeing.
The Rijksmusem can be reached on foot from the hotel. Other sights to see in the vicinity are amongst others the Van Gogh Museum, the Concert Hall and the Vondelpark.