- Almost withered. #vondelpark http://t.co/VlX42YEJTX
- This must be the place #VondelPark http://t.co/pSZaInl7w3
- @BarryChalgoum Yep! #Vondelpark
- Can't wait for summer to start and enjoy a smoothie here after a run or outside yoga #vondelpark… http://t.co/kkGtCoJ1Jt
- Just discovered this band via @Noisey_UK and turns out they're at @fielddaylondon : #win! #Vondelpark on @Spotify http://t.co/phMFac2oIW
- #Vondelpark #Rhye #ChetFaker #TheXX #JaiPaul #Inc #JessieWare #ToroYMoi #Shlohmo #AutreNeVeut - Jams to get you through the day :D
- Lovely place for a picnic #vondelpark with @chowskibum http://t.co/S7UZizSMFg
- Is het kunst of mag het weg? #Vondelpark http://t.co/2DSpyqax7g
The elongated Vondelpark is situated between the Stadhouderskade and the Amstelveenseweg. This most famous and most frequently visited park in Amsterdam was named after the poet, Joost van den Vondel, and in 1996 it was declared a national monument. The park attracts on average 10 million visitors per year and many theatre performances and concerts are organised in the Open Air Theatre. In addition to the residents of Amsterdam, many tourists also find their way to the Vondelpark every year. The design and layout of the park creates the sense of a peaceful natural environment.
Hotel Aalders is within walking distance of the Eastern side of the Vondelpark. The park has an ideal location for the hotel guests, to unwind taking a long walk or stroll through the park or with a picnic. You will also see many athletes in the Vondelpark. Children playing football of basketball and runners and cyclists.
Interesting fact is that the Vondelpark has been recorded numerous times in the Guinness Book of Records with the largest picnic in the world. At the edge of the park we find, amongst others, the Film Museum and the P.C. Hooftstraat. Every year on the Queen’s birthday a free market is organised, as a result of which the park is also very busy.